THE BEST HIKING HOODIE
We created the perfect lightweight hoodie, made from 100% royal alpaca wool. This hoodie is completely designed for outdoor adventures. Light and moisture wicking, it will keep your body dry while still being breathable. Move your body freely with our athletic design and cover your head with our protective hoodie. This is an essential piece for any hike summer or winter and is environmentally friendly.
- Designed for hiking, trail running, climbing, traveling, or backpacking
- Ideal year-round
- Pairs well with our alpaca leggings in Winter & Fall
- 230g/m2 of 100% Royal Alpaca Wool
- Men's medium base layer weight: 298 grams
- All-purpose hoodie
- Casual active wear design
- Subtle fitted Cut
- Fabric stretches for a natural fit
- Model: 5'9 (175 cm) / 175 lbs (80 kg)
- Chest: 37 in (94 cm)/ Waist: 32 in (81 cm)
- Model wears a size medium
ULTIMATE THERMAL HOODIE
- TEMPERATURE REGULATED
- HOLLOW CORE FIBERS are thermal and act as an internal A/C protecting your body from overheating
- DRY ALL DAY: fibers prevent moisture absorption and allow for fast drying
- HIGH UV-RESISTANCE
- HIGH SWEAT-WICKING
- LOW MOISTURE ABSORPTION
- ANTI-ODOR AND HYGENIC
- ANTI BACTERIAL KERATIN
Alpaca apparel can dry quickly and can be worn several times without washing. Alpaca fibers absorb a minimal amount of moisture, protecting you from bacteria and body-odor.
- HOLLOW CORE FIBERS make alpaca fabric light and durable
- 18 to 18.5 MICRONS*
- NATURALLY SMOOTH SCALES are non-itchy and minimize felting naturally
*Microns define the diameter of the fiber, the softness. We use the finest Alpaca wool of 18 to 18.5 microns. Next to skin, your alpaca wool shirt will feel soft and smooth.
MOST SUSTAINABLE HOODIE
Alpacas roam freely and happily in the highlands of Peru, where nature intended. Their farmers never harm or kill them for their wool. Alpacas live with their environment well, they have small footprints that do not damage the fields they graze on. When they eat, they cut the grass, promoting regrowth.
Alpaca fibers are naturally smooth, we never superwash! Superwashed wool is usually treated with harsh chemicals to remove natural scales. This process adds to contamination and may affect the fiber's performance. We leave our Alpaca's fiber as is, with no chemical alteration.
Wearing 100% Alpaca, rest assured that the fibers are not adding to contamination when outdoors or when washing. We only use biodegradable Alpaca wool in our fabric, protecting our environment.
ROYAL ALPACA WOOL FLEECE
Alpacas are naturally adapted to extreme environments and developed a unique fiber structure. Found in the center of their fiber is a hollow space that naturally insulates, while also being strong and light. Scales smoother than wool help wick away moisture, while also having incredibly low moisture absorption.
Alpacas have been living in the Andean Mountains for millennia. They are found above 16,000 feet (5,000 meters) high in the mountains. Here, the temperatures range widely, from very hot and strong sunny days to ice cold nights. Over the years, alpacas have adapted to these extremes, developing a unique hollow core, not common to other species. The local communities valued alpacas for their fiber and the Alpaca soon became part of the Andean culture.
Alpaca wool is the superior choice for the outdoors, above merino wool, cotton, and recycled synthetics. Click here to learn how your alpaca gear outperforms other fabrics:
WHERE WAS THIS HOODIE MADE?
- We only use 100% Andean Alpacas, roaming freely in the Andes as they have done for millennia.
- Contrary to industry norms, every step involved in making our fabric is done in only one country: the home of our family, Peru.
- From Peru, our clothes go straight to California or Amsterdam on its journey to you.
- Doing everything in Peru guarantees we know how the Alpaca and all the workers involved are being treated.
- We build direct relationships with our workers and we are always aware of their working conditions.
- We can fully trace our alpaca to the fields they roam in, and we visit them throughout the year.
- Using single source clothing lowers our global carbon footprint.
- Manufacturing in one country allows us to greatly reduce freight shipping and gives us improved traceability and transparency.
- Most fibers are shipped around the world in their production. For example, merino wool is grown in Australia for the raw fibers and then shipped throughout Asia and Eastern Europe to be made into fabric.
COMPLETE YOUR HIKING PACK
EMBRACE NATURE TOGETHER
Let's show our family & friends how to explore sustainably and leave only footprints behind. #EmbraceLife